New story "Fiddleheads" out now in Chilling Tales 2
Over two years ago, I'd posted about the sale of my story "Fiddleheads" to the anthology Chilling Tales 2: In Words, Alas, Drown I. Well, the book has finally been released and is now available.
This is only the second time I've sold to what I'd call a clear "horror" market, the other time being "By Her Hand, She Draws You Down." Horror is not a genre I generally aim at, but I write the stories that show up in my head, and this one came out that way.
Here's an excerpt from the back cover copy:
"Canada’s maestro of the macabre, Michael Kelly, brings you CHILLING TALES: In Words, Alas, Drown I, an all new collection of nightmares that will perturb and torment you. Tales that will leave a frisson of fear and raise a quiver of gooseflesh. A chill is in the air."
With an introduction by editor Michael Kelly, the book contains a fantastic representation of Canadian dark fantasy and horror writers. I'm proud to have a story in a book edited by Michael, and to be included in this amazing roster of authors. Here's the table of contents:
- In Libitina’s House by Camille Alexa
- Gingerbread People by Colleen Anderson
- Meteor Lake by Kevin Cockle
- Homebody by Gemma Files
- Snowglobes by Lisa L Hannett
- The Dog’s Paw by Derek Künsken
- The Flowers of Katrina by Claude Lalumière
- Goldmine by Daniel LeMoal
- The Salamander’s Waltz by Catherine MacLeod
- Weary, Bone Deep by Michael Matheson
- The Windemere by Susie Moloney
- Black Hen A La Ford by David Nickle
- Day Pass by Ian Rogers
- Fiddleheads by Douglas Smith
- Dwelling on the Past by Simon Strantzas
- Heart of Darkness by Edo van Belkom
- Fishfly Season by Halli Villegas
- Road Rage by Bev Vincent
- Crossroads Blues by Robert J. Wiersema
- Honesty by Rio Youers
Check it out here.