Playing the Short Game: Part 19 is now up (contracts continued)
Part 19 of my continuing series on the business side of short fiction is now up at the new Amazing Stories site. This week, I finish off a mini-series on short fiction contracts. Parts 17 and 18 covered the following:
1. What rights are being requested?
2. When do those rights revert to me?
3. What legal liability am I being asked to accept?
4. What happens if the story is never published?
This week, I wwap up with the last four topics:
5. What happens if this market folds or is sold?
6. Will there be a published declaration of my copyright?
7. What control will I have over changes to my story?
8. What am I being paid for these rights?
You can check out the entire series at this page.