Authors Fight Alzheimer’s
I will be one of the authors attending the inaugural "Authors Fight Alzheimer’s" book signing fundraiser on the evening of January 30, 2012, at the North York Central Library Auditorium, 5120 Yonge Street, Toronto. The event has been put together by Canadian authors and publishers in conjunction with the Alzheimer’s Society.
From the organizers:
Authors of various genres will be present to sign their books with the proceeds going to fight Alzheimer’s disease. The theme "Read…Think…Remember" promotes keeping the mind active through reading, an important defense against the disease.
Author Attendees (as of December 18) include:
- MuseItUp Publishing – Joanne Elder, Sandra Clarke, Kevin Craig, Nancy Bell, Helene Prevost
- Double Dragon Publishing – Deron Douglas, Anne Grobbo
- Chizine Publications – Doug Smith (two-time Aurora Award winner), Caitlin Sweet
- Dragon Moon Press – Erik Buchanan, Jessica Frey
- Dark Dragon Publishing – Karen Dales
- Crime Writers of Canada – Melodie Campbell, Rick Blechta, Joan Boswell, Alison Bruce, Sheila Dalton, Alex Markman
- The Writers Community of York Region – Malcolm Watts, Heather Lambert
- And - I.J. Schecter, Peter Dennis, Mark Pezzelato.
Guest Speaker – Dr. Sandra Black, Director, LC Campbell Cognitive Neurology Research Unit, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and Professor, department of medicine (neurology), University of Toronto
Thanks to Deron Douglas for publishing a commemorative book for this event.
Authors interested in participating in the event or for more information, please contact the Event Organizer:
Joanne Elder firstname.lastname@example.org
Borden, Ladner, Gervais LLP
MuseItUp Publishing, Sunrise of Aurora, Edward Street Bistro