Krista D. Ball interviews me about short fiction
douglassmith - Wed, 2011/07/13 - 10:30am
Krista D. Ball interviews me on her site today about writing and marketing short fiction, including the following:
- Is the short form your favourite to write, or did you just fall into that?
- How does an author choose when to do a collection?
- As a reader, what do you look for in short fiction?
- Do the works of others influence where your ideas take you?
- What advice would you give an unpublished writer trying to break into short stories?
- What is your opinion on unpaid or very low paying markets? Do you have a firm rule (“I never work for under 2 cents a word”) or do you play it by ear for each market and/or piece?